Tuesday, September 15, 2009

JAZZ SINGER

@Schwartz Brothers Restaurants Blog: JAZZ SINGERTweet this!
Jessica Stenson has been singing her whole life. She's been a cocktail server at Daniel's Broiler Bellevue for two years now, and she just began singing in our lounge Sunday and Monday nights. Accompanied by her piano player, Darin Clendenin, she'll be singing from 7pm until 11pm both nights every week.

Jessica is a Northwest native, growing up in Marysville and currently living, as she put it, "in Fremont, the center of the universe."

Asked what kind of music she likes to sing, she said, "I love to sing heartache. I want to tell you a story and make you feel you've lived it or are living it with me at that very moment." Some of her favorite tunes are Guess Who I Saw Today, Loverman, Good Morning Heartache, and Where Do I Start.

"My biggest desire," she said, "is to 'make it' in music. I've always wanted to see my name in lights, in print — I want people to know me. The coolest part is that this has already happened and it's only the beginning!"

Starbucks recently asked her for a few tunes to put on their compilation disk to promote clean water research around the world. She's on her way. Come see this rising star sing her heart out at Daniel's Bellevue.

You can find out more about Jessica Stenson at jessicastenson.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment